I can't believe Christmas is in 11 days...how time has been flying by. I have been trying to get all my Christmas shopping and other odds and ends done before we leave for our trip on Sunday. I had a few packages that needed to be mailed, so Wednesday morning, i was getting them ready to take to the post office. Jake decided he wanted to help....make a mess.

After we got back from the post office and our errands, Jake went down for a much needed nap and I started making some candy to give to friends. I was able to get most of it done before he woke up and when he did wake up, he was more than willing to be a taste tester. Here he is with a piece of carmel.
Jake always enjoys looking at the pictures I take of him RIGHT after i take them. So, he is pointing in this one because he wanted me to show him the picture i had just taken.

The rest of the evening was spent cleaning up from the candy making and trying to finish up our Christmas cards. After Jake went to bed, Brooke and I finished watching the newest Pirates of the Caribbean. It took us 3 nights to watch the whole thing and at the end of it all, we were pretty disappointed. Definitely not one we will buy! All in all, it was a busy, but good day.
This is such a wonderful time of year. I hope everyone enjoys the time they get to spend with their families and that you have a wonderful Christmas!
________________________________________________
The Hanson's have some Norwegian heritage and for Thanksgiving, it is a tradition to make lefse (a potato flat bread). Well, Brooke loves the stuff and every year at Thanksgiving time, he always misses his lefse. This year, his sister overnighted some to him and he was loving it! Then, his mom was nice enough to buy us all the tools we needed to make our own lefse (Thanks Tomi!!). Tuesday night we made the potato mixture and Wednesday night we added the flour and cooked em up. It was fun to do and they tasted really good! We look forward to making lefse for all our future Thanksgivings (and probably a few other times during the year).


While we were slaving away in the kitchen, Jake was watching The Grinch and dipping a spoon into some ranch, or as he calls it "dippy, dippy". I think The Grinch is his favorite Christmas show this season.



2 comments:
Ah, I love it! I miss you guys! Caleb has always had an affinity to ranch as well, how funny! Where are you guys headed for the holidays? Family? Fun? Oh, and funny thing we actually just watched the last Pirates movie, too, and felt the same way. What the heck was up with that ending?!?!
So I just bought the Pirates movie to give to Mason for Christmas. Should I return it? I can't believe that you are leaving this weekend! Have a great time. What a way to spend the week before Christmas! While we are all stressing out still, you'll be basking in the sun! I'm sending your gift to you guys when you get back from your trip!
Post a Comment