Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Feburary already!??!

It is amazing to me how fast time is flying by. It seems like it was just Christmas, and now Valentines day is almost here. The numbers on my baby countdown ticker are quickly getting lower and it is hard to believe that in a short 11 weeks, the 4th member of our family will be joining us. Speaking of the baby, here is a quick update. I just had a doctors appointment today and everything is looking good. Baby's heartbeat...good, blood test...good, mamma's health...good. She is starting to move alot more and just like her big brother, she favors hanging out on the right side of my uterus and kicking my ribs on the right side. Lets hope she is as good natured as well.

So, since I have been a bit of a slacker, here are a few things that have been going on around here. Last week we got some more snow. (and as i type this, the most recent snow storm has just passed by us and there is more snow on the ground) When it snows, we don't get lots of it, but enough to have some fun. Jake wanted to go outside, so we got all bundled up and hit the back yard for some fun in the sun...and snow.

He took one lap around the back yard on his bike, and then he was done and wanted to go back inside. I think he is ready for warmer spring weather to arrive.
Brooke thinks there needs to be more pictures of me and Jake...so here ya go!
Last week, Jake was playing in the Family Room and I was getting some stuff done in the kitchen. After a while, I noticed that he was talking quite a bit, so I looked up to see what he was doing. He had his play phone up to his ear and looked like he was in the middle of a good conversation. I noticed that he was telling the person on the other line what his favorite movies were and then proceeded to agree and disagree with what they were saying. It was pretty cute. I am always amazed at how smart kids are and how much they pick up from what happens around them. I guess i better go easy on the swearing...ha, ha!
Well, that is all I have to add today. It has pretty much been business as usual around here. I am slowly ticking off things on my list of things to do before the baby gets here. Enjoy the rest of your week!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, that boy is growing up so fast! What a cutie with his little phone. I know what you mean about not having enough pics of yourself. When you're always behind it, what can you do? :D

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed our conversation last night. It seemed like a long time since we had a long chat like that. I love ya and I can't wait for baby #2 to get here, even if I have to wait forever to come and visit and meet the little lady!