They have organized some different activities for the spouses to participate in, if they choose. We were given a packet and calender with all information and if you want to join in, you meet others in the parking lot and caravan together. It has really helped to pass the time and it is nice having other kids for Jake to play with. Brooke is busy all day with classes, and then comes back "home" to do reading or different assignments. He is definitely ready for the weekend. Here are a few of the things we have done this week.

Wednesday was our outing to the zoo. Here is Jake with a couple of his new friends. It was pretty cold and windy outside that day, so we kind of hurried thru, but the kids all enjoyed looking at the animals
Here he is looking at all the cool kangaroos and other animals from Australia. I don't take many pictures of the animals because I think Jake is cuter and more fun to take pictures of.
Thursday we went to downtown Montgomery where there is a trolley ride you can take to all the different historic sites. Sorry, no photos, we didn't get out anywhere, we just went along for the ride and listened to the audio tour guide they played. We will probably go again with Brooke sometime, so i will snap a few shots then. Did you know the first confederate white house was here in Montgomery? This is turning into quite the educational trip!
Today we went to a little coffee house that had an indoor play area, so all the kids could let off some steam while the moms chatted nearby. We all are from different places, so it is fun to talk to them and see what you have in common. One girl was in England at the same time as us and we have a few common friends...small world!
I have to end today's post with a recommendation. When we first arrived here, we went to the commissary to do some basic grocery shopping. As we were walking up to the cash register, we had to walk by all the candy (which is SO strategically placed). I saw these and thought they looked fun...

...and boy was I right!! Yum! I'm not a huge jelly bean fan, but in less than a week, I have managed to eat most they bag on my own! So, if you are looking for a fun Easter treat, I highly recommend a bag of Sweetart Jelly Beans!

3 comments:
I am sorry but nothing is better than black jelly beans, hands down I love satan snacks!! I am glad to finally see the pcitures of the room, too funny!
You guys are such troopers to "live" in that room for, what was it, a month! Glad to see you guys out and exploring, though.
Post a Comment