Yesterday we were able to go take a tour of the firehouse here on base. They showed us around the place and then we got to take a look at the fire trucks. It was pretty fun! Unfortunately, they were out of the little hats to give the kids, but that's ok, it was still a great outing.
Just a little side note: As part of Brooke's class, they bring in different speakers to talk to the guys. Spouses are welcome to attend and if they have kids, they will set up a video feed of it in a separate room. Well, today Gene Kranz was here to talk about his experience with NASA...mostly the Apollo 13 mission. (Ed Harris played him in the movie) I decided to take the opportunity to go listen to his lecture. He was a great speaker and I really enjoyed it.





2 comments:
I am glad to see that you are making this an educational experience and not just a social visit to Alabama.
Great idea! What a neat field trip!
Post a Comment