Wednesday, March 26, 2008

easter weekend



Friday evening, after Brooke was done with his classes, we set off for a quick trip to Florida.  We have some friends that we met in England who are now stationed there.  Of course, we had to take a picture at the Florida state line.  I think that will be the last one we get during our stay here in Alabama.


Saturday morning we met our friends, The Sophies, at Hurlburt AFB where there was an Easter egg hunt.  We weren't able to find an Easter basket for Jake, so Brooke found a bunny bag at the store and that worked just fine.  He is so resourceful!  For the 2 year old age group, the put tons of eggs on the playground area of the park and let the kids pick up all they could.  


Jake was doing pretty good at gathering eggs, until he realized the eggs were full of surprises.  Then, all he wanted to do was open the eggs and see what yummy treat or cool prize was in the egg.  

After all the eggs had been claimed, Jake sat down with Shelby (the Sophies 2 year old girl) and they compared their loot.




The two kids had fun at the playground and Jake kept wanting to hold Shelbys hand.  What a ladies man!  After the Egg hunt, the guys took the kids back to the Sophies and Kristin and I hit the outlet mall.  We had a great time shopping!  That night, we all went to dinner at a local seafood place.  The food was great and we had such a fun time.


The next morning, we had to go back to Montgomery so Brooke could finish his last big project.  We couldn't leave Florida without taking some pictures by the ocean.  It was VERY windy outside, but very pretty.

We had a great time on our little trip and it was so fun to see our friends again.  Our only complaint is that it wasn't long enough.  We hope you all had a great Easter weekend too.








3 comments:

Marcelina Moreno said...

jake is so adorable!!! I love seeing how big he is. I can't wait to see him in person! I am glad you had a great Easter.

Nicole Jackson said...

You are looking so great! I can't believe that you're almost done with this pregnancy. I have been slacking on comments lately, but I have been checking your blog frequently. I'm glad that you're enjoying your visit in Alabama. It looks like you guys are doing some fun things! Hope you're feeling alright. Good luck the next few weeks!

Melissa said...

It looks like he has a way with the ladies already...looks like the teen years will be an adventure for you :) Cute pictures! Glad you guys had a fun weekend!