Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First day of School...

Last week I signed Jake up for pre-school.  Because I did it last minute, I wasn't quite prepared for how much he would be gone!  Ok, it is only 2 days a week for 3 hours in the morning...but suddenly, that seemed like alot to me.  Ever since we went in last week, Jake has been so excited to start school.  I was nervous for him when I dropped him off, but he just ran right into the room, gave me a quick hug and he was off.  I am excited for him.  It will be good for him to be around other kids and have some more social interaction with them.  When I picked him up, his teacher said he did great and Jake said he had a fun day.  On the way home, we got McDonalds for lunch as a special treat because it was his first day of school.  I'm so glad he had fun!


3 comments:

Melissa said...

Isn't it crazy to think that our kids are old enough to be in school already? The time goes by so fast! I hope that Jake is enjoying preschool. Emily sure loves it - I just hate all of the extra work!

Marcelina Moreno said...

Wow it's a big change from his "no no no no". I just want you to know I think you and Brooke are fantastic parents and your well behaved children are proof of that. At least Jake is, Grace is still so young, she could still go either way.

Stephanie said...

What that's great! And he seemed to really take to it. I've been thinking about getting Brendan into a pre-school. Hmmm.