Tuesday, September 16, 2008

weekend update

This last weekend was a fun one. Friday was Brooke's birthday...Happy Birthday!  When Brooke got home from work, we headed off to Red Lobster for dinner.  Jake voted for Chuck E. Cheese, but we both overruled him on that one.  Dinner was yummy....I ripped thru my crab legs in record time and the guys enjoyed their shrimp while Grace took in the new scenery.


When we got home, Jake and Brooke wrestled in the backyard while Grace and I watched from the sidelines.  Jake was into rolling across the grass and when he did, he would close his eyes like he was under water.  It was pretty cute.

And here is Gracie chillin on her blanket.  She is getting so big so fast!


Saturday, we went and watched a local rocketry club launch some rockets.  Jake definitely didn't like this.  It was a bit too loud for his taste.  After that, Brooke went to go fly and I embarked on my first time canning.  I got a box of peaches from someone at church and since there is no way we could eat thru the whole thing, i decided to try canning them.  It wasn't too hard, it just took some time.  I was very tired by the time i had finished, but I love looking in my pantry and seeing the 10 beautiful jars of peaches that we now have!  It was a great weekend!
School update:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The peaches look so yummy, I want to have a bowl full. Good job. Tomi

Stephanie said...

Holy cow, ponies! That must be some pre-school. So glad Jake's enjoying it. Happy Birthday, Brooke! And way to go with the canning, Jalynn! I just had my first experience dry-pack canning at the bishop's storehouse and that was fun. I want to learn how to can fruits like you, though. Nice.