I didn't have a chance to type anything yesterday when I posted pictures from our vacation. Here is a little synopsis of what we did. We spent our first day in Florida at Sea World we enjoyed the sun and had a great day at the park. If you ask Jake what his favorite ride was, he will tell you it was the dinosaur ride...this was at Dinoland at Sea World.
The next day was Animal Kingdom. The coolest part about this park was the safari ride they have there. We were taken on a ride thru the preserve they had set up in the park. I think it was over 100 acres and it was so cool to see all the animals close up. I know you see them close up in a zoo, but this was different. I'm not that into animals, but i really enjoyed it. We got a little rained on that day, but luckily we were in building when the skies opened, so only the stroller got soaked. Let me pause in the story here. I must sing praises to the sit and stand stroller that we decided to buy before the trip. There is NO WAY jakes little legs would have lasted long with all the walking we were doing, so it was great for him to be able to hop on his seat whenever he wanted to. We actually found it on sale at target a few days before we left for the trip. It wasn't marked down or anything, but my mother-in-law said she saw that it was on sale at her Target. So, i dragged it to a worker and had them scan it for me....64.99!!! I wanted to do cartwheels in the store! Ok, back to the story...
Day 3 was Magic Kingdom. Classic Disney everywhere. Jake wanted nothing to do with the characters. He was fine just waving to them as we passed. This worked out fine with us because then we didn't have to wait in any long picture lines. (just the long ride lines)
Day 4 was Epcot Center. Lots of cool stuff here. We ate some good Italian food and enjoyed the different country pavilions.
Day 5 we went to Disneys Hollywood Studios. Our favorite ride was the Toy Story Mania. We wanted to ride on it again, but the line was too long.
It was a great trip. The kids were troopers and did so good being dragged (or wheeled) around all day. We went on some great rides. I am a bit of a chicken when it comes to the more intense rides, but with Brookes encouragement I went on all of them. Mostly i ended up enjoying them (except the tower of terror. i did NOT like that). We were glad to spend time together and with Brooke's family.
After our week in Florida, we were off to Vancouver for another week. We stayed with my parents and had fun visiting my brothers and their families. I feel like i have typed too much, so i'll stop now. Here are a few pictures of grace and jake from today.
Here she is chomping away at her Ritz cracker....man does this girl love her big people food! There isn't much we give her that she won't eat. Actually, what she doesn't like is baby food. I've been making her baby food and on the trip she didn't want anything to do with the store bought stuff.
After taking a few shots of Grace, Jake wanted in on the action and asked me to take his picture.
1 comments:
What an incredible trip! And awesome about the stroller sale - you're my bargain hunting hero! :D
Post a Comment