Tuesday, March 17, 2009

update

Things have been going good for us the past few weeks. We have been busy looking for a house and we finally decided on one. After some negotiations, a price was settled on and now we are waiting for the financing. That is going to take as long as it did to find the house. Sheesh, why can't we promise the lender we will pay our mortgage and call it good?!?
The kids have been doing great. Jake has become our personal trainer. The gym on base has a family exercise room which has a designated play area for the kids and some equipment for the parents. EVERY day he asks when we are going to the gym. He is persistent, so we usually go to the gym 4-5 times a week. I guess that is for the best with all the fried snickers and stuff that I've been eating! Grace is quite the crawler and doesn't give up easily. She goes straight for the electrical outlets and is often shutting herself in rooms while playing with the door. Jake loves to tease her and get her to crawl after him around the room. They have fun and are good kids. 

After doing the laundry a few days ago, Jake asked if he could play with the turtle shell. Don't you love the imagination of kids?



He also loves to play outside on the playground.  He has a new fascination with sticks and will always grab one to hold while we are outside...even if its just on the way to the car.



Grace has fun on the playground too.  


She tried to eat the rocks, but as soon as I took it away from her...

....this is what she did.
  

7 comments:

Mindi said...

How rude. You mean mom.. not letting your kids eat rocks.. com'on! :) GREAT photos! Sounds like you guys are doing great... maybe one day we'll be able to own a house...

Good for you to be getting to the gym so often! But tell me more about these fried Snickers.. really?!

tomi Hanson said...

Jake looks so grown up in the last photo. Grace didn't get all the flavor off the rock before you took it. Next time ask if she's done. Grandma Tomi

Melissa said...

My kids love playing with the laundry basket, too. Sometimes I wonder why we bother with toys! I hope things get settled with your house soon.

David and Amanda said...

So cute! I'm glad you updated, I've been wondering what you've been up to. I was in your old neighborhood on Saturday and saw your renters moving in, I was so sad! But I am glad that you are doing well. Keep posting!

Alice said...

What kind of mother takes rocks from their kids??? Have you ever tried those chocolate rocks? They are really good! :)

I love the pictures! You have been practicing! :) Is that your new camera? or what lense are you using? I am still sad that you had to move...I know...you couldn't wait to move to your "dream town."

Well, know that you are being missed!

Danelle said...

I am totally going to start eating everything with "tweezers". Imagine how much my caloric intake with nosedive! Thanks for the idea, Jake. Lovely photos J.

Marcelina Moreno said...

I don't know which I think is funnier, Grace eating rocks or you taking her picture while she bawls her eyes out. I love it!