Wednesday, July 22, 2009

a big update

So, there has been alot going on with us in the past month. The biggest news is that we FINALLY closed on our house. These last couple weeks have been pretty busy. We had 1 week to move all our stuff in and get as settled as we could, and then we were off to California. Brooke has a training class here, so we decided to join him for it so we could all be together. We are looking forward to taking advantage of all the fun stuff there is to do here.

Here is our house!
The 25th is Jakes birthday, so the night before we left for CA, I made him a Spiderman cake. Ever since Gracie's birthday, he has been telling me that he wanted a spiderman cake for his birthday. Since we weren't going to be around an oven on his actual birthday, we had to improvise and do the cake thing a little early.

He really liked how it turned out.

Grace liked it to......

As soon as she finished one bite, she was like a little bird waiting for the next one.

Brooke was making some alterations to our sprinkling system before we left. We were all outside and as soon as they sprinklers turned on, the kids were there getting wet and having fun.


Monkey see....

Monkey do!




And here are a few stops we made on the drive to CA.

I think we have most of the south and west state lines photographed. Getting the east coast might require an RV trip.

If anyone has seen Starman, this crater might look familiar.

Good times, good times!

5 comments:

Danelle said...

Fun stuff...sick drinking off of the driveway. Blech.

Marcelina Moreno said...

I know that we were not in the same state to begin with, but I miss you. I can't wait to see you again.

David and Amanda said...

I'm so glad you guys are finally in your house!

Sounds like a fun trip to California so far, we're excited to see what else you do. We just drove there a few months ago and it's a tough drive, way to go! Have fun!!!

Eat some Chipotle for me and some Baja Fresh and some Cheesecake Factory...you know if you have the time or the appetite!

The M's said...

I loved the spider man cake, so cute!!! Congrats again on moving into your new home!
Looks like your kiddo's have picked out there favorite spot already :)

Stephanie said...

Happy bday to Jake! What a great cake, Jalynn! You're a pro. Congrats on closing on your house. It's gorgeous! :)