So, this weekend we had some beautiful weather, but it was a bit windy. Saturday Brooke got the idea to go buy some kites and take them out for a spin at the park. Jake was pretty excited for the whole thing an once Brooke got the whole thing put together, Jake ran out with Brooke to launch the kite. Brooke got the kite up in the air and after it whooshed around a couple times and took a nose dive into the ground, Jake ran in the opposite direction saying he was all done.

He watched Brooke from a safe distance at a nearby picnic table. I think the kite had trouble handling the wind (it only cost $5, so our expectations weren't too high).


When we got home, Jake pulled out Brooke's motorcycle helmet and ran around the house like a little bobble head.
And last but not least, Grace is doing fabulous. She had her first dr.'s appointment yesterday and she weighed in at 6lbs. 12 oz. She is doing great and is a healthy little girl.


3 comments:
Fun idea! Brendan brought up the idea of trying out some kites the other day when we were at a hobby shop and spotted some. We'll have to do that. So, glad to hear that everyone is doing well. :D
I think she totally looks like your dad in this picture, for some reason. Maybe it's the fact that she doesn't have any hair. I am sure you will take care of that, by making sure she always has a really big bow or lace headband on at all times. I'm glad your with your family, but I miss your guts!
Grace is a cutie. Hope you are doing well. I remember the first few weeks being rough. Luckily it gets better and you finally figure out how to handle two kids.
My really good friend from college named her little girl Grace Elizabeth and her last name is Hansen - I guess the only difference is the "e". Small world.
Have a good one!
Post a Comment