Thursday, May 8, 2008


I can't believe how fast time is flying by!  We are all doing good and enjoying the new addition to our family.  Jake loves to hold her and is always very concerned about her.  A friend made this onesie for Grace...in case you can't read it, it says "If you think I"m cute, you should see my big brother Jake!"  He is a great big brother to her.
Jake also likes to give Grace kisses on her head.  
Here she is all dressed up for her first sunday at church.  She looked SO cute (I am a little biased though)  
Here are Grandma and Grandpa Jackson with the kids.  They just left yesterday from spending a week with us.  It was so fun to have them around and they were so helpful.  It was nice to have the extra help around to either play with Jake or hold Grace.

Grace had her 2 week check-up on Tuesday and she is getting big!  She weighed in at 7 lbs. 12 oz. and was 21 1/2" long.  She had to have her heel pricked, and that did go over too well.  It was kindof funny because they showed a video about how to deal with babies who cry all the time.  The 4 other babies that were there were so quiet and happy...then there was Grace, screaming and inconsolable.  She was angry that I undressed her to be weighed and measured.  

And here is Mr. Charming looking cute as ever.  He is really turning into quite the chatterbox, talking to random people we see at the store or when we are out and about.  He always cracks us up.

5 comments:

Marcelina Moreno said...

thank you for the post. Also I could see a corner of the curtains you did in one of the pictures. I am sure I will love the whole thing too. Grace is beautiful and Jake is so big. Good work you two.

Melissa said...

I love all of the pictures of Grace! She is so cute! That picture with Jake and your dad is too cute, too!

Mindi said...

Have I told you that I love the name.. Grace?! She's beautiful. :) Your parents look awesome.. your dad looks the same. :) Your mom looks slim. Please tell them hello. I miss them.

Is it so much fun to have a boy and girl? Has it been a little difficult to adjust to the opposite sex? I always wonder. Guess she's already debuting her little personality. But who likes their heel being pricked? Hope YOU are doing well.. and the adjustment has been smooth. I'd love to hear more about that. Email me (in all that free time you have). :) Take care, I love being able keep track of you, and others, with their blogs. Keep it up!

Stephanie said...

What a couple of cuties! The time just goes by so fast.

kg said...

Hi Jalynn,

I found your blog, because our moms talked the other day! It's so fun to see you and your beautiful growing family. We just had our own little Grace March 25! Congratulations to you!

Kim
(Jan & Curt's daughter from Corvallis)