Friday, July 11, 2008

another week gone by...

On Monday, we went to the new Rio Rancho Aquatic Center.  We knew Jake would have fun, but we didn't realize how much fun he would have.  It is an indoor pool, but Brooke said it was a little chilly.  After a while I could tell that Jake was getting cold. (The blue lips were a dead give away)  But he kept saying he wanted to stay "just a little bit longer".  I signed him up for swimming lessons in August.  No doubt he will have fun with that!


Jake having fun with pretzels.  

Grace loves sitting in her boppy pillow.  If you prop her up and sit by her, she is happy and content.  One morning I had her in the boppy and Jake went and got a duck "for her to play with".
Speaking of how she likes to sit up, the other day i found someone selling a bumbo chair on craigs list.  It was only $15, compared to the $40 it sells new, so i called the lady and got it.  Brooke actually picked it up last night, so we will see how gracie likes it.  Pictures of that will come shortly :).


4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh! Look at that sweet face! I can't wait to see her in-person. Sounds like the aquatics center was a big hit. The boys are in lessons right now and it's a good time. :D

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Jake got over his dislike for water. His Dad should take him and teach him too. I remember a time when the little ones just hung on Brooke. I can't believe how cute Gracie looks. She looks cuter every day. Tomi

Melissa said...

I love that last picture of Grace with the bow. She looks like she's deep in thought! Emily loves going to the pool, too. She took swimming lessons last month and loved them so much that we decided to keep her in the once a week lessons.

Meg said...

Grace is so cute!! I love that last picture of her with the cute bow.
Do you think Jake could teach Ellie to like the water? At her rate I'm not sure it's ever going to happen.