Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Jake!

So, Friday was the big guys birthday.  We had a relaxing morning of watching cartoons and movies.  Then, we met Brooke on base for lunch.  Jake picked Bumblebee's...a sort of fresh mex place.  After lunch, we went home and Jake crashed on the couch.  When Brooke got home, we asked Jake where he wanted to go to dinner.  He said Red Lobster, which we were pretty excited about.  Well, Chuck-e-cheese happens to be RIGHT next door to Red Lobster, so when Jake saw that, he quickly changed his mind.  He had a great time...more fun than he would have had at Red Lobster :).  After dinner we headed back home to open presents and have cake.  The whole day was fun.  

The cake didn't turn out exactly like I wanted it to, but thanks to some help from Brooke, it looked pretty good and Jake liked it.

Here are a few shots from dinner.  He would get halfway through one game and be distracted by another one he wanted to play.  


We got him this t-ball set.  Saturday we took it to the park and he got to hit a few balls.  He even shared his new toy with some kids that were there.  What a sweet guy!

And here he is opening all his presents.  This is one spoiled kid!  Or as my mom would say, "he is just loved alot"




4 comments:

Melissa said...

I think the cake looks great. I'm glad that Jake had a fun birthday!

Mindi said...

Yes, the cake does look great. I love the first picture of Jake opening his presents... and the second one. Looks like he got some fun stuff, from the look on his face. :) Priceless pictures. :) what a cutie.

Anonymous said...

I'm so bummed about the motorcycle! When I ordered it, it said for kids 3+! It's too small!! I'm glad he had a good birthday though! Can't wait to see you guys at the reunion!

Stephanie said...

Ah! I love the cake, nice work! I can't believe how grown up Jake looks. His face is looking so mature. We can't wait to see you guys. We just got back from Cali. Talk to ya soon!