Happy 4th of July (2 days late)! We hope everyone enjoyed the holiday and time with friends and family. Our day was great...we started the day with a squirt gun fight in the back yard. Jake got his first squirt gun last week as a bribe for him to go pee at Target. (he doesn't like using toilets that aren't ours...but he is getting better) Then we bought a few more so he wouldn't be the only one armed.

Our ward had a bbq at a local park, so we headed out there for some lunch. In the late afternoon, we went to the base and ate at Brooke's boss's house. It was a fun time...they have a big back yard, so there was a woofle ball game going on and later a hot dog eating contest.

On our way home, we stopped and watched the Rio Rancho fireworks display. It was a good show and we were able to find a spot in a neighborhood to watch it so we didn't have to deal with crowds. Jake was excited to see the fireworks and enjoyed watching them from the car, but once we were situated on our camping chairs, he informed us that he was done and wanted to go home. It was a bit too noisy for him.

It was a great day and we have had a nice weekend together. Brooke also has tomorrow off, so we get to play some more together.

And here is Grace looking all cute in her festive outfit. She smiles a ton and loves to talk to anyone who will listen. Yesterday Brooke got her close to a laugh. He took some video of it, so i will see about posting that.
4 comments:
I just came home from church and checked the blog just in case. I wish I had been there for the squirt gun fight. Gracie is changing every posting. Keep up the good work. Tomi
Yea! I love the festivities on the Fourth! We were finally able to set off some fireworks this year and the boys just loved it. The BBQs. The colors. I just love it. Glad you guys had a good time. :D
okay I am not sucking up here, but DANG she really looks like Margene! She looks like a real fun personality and I can't wait to meet her in person.
When do we get to meet this little baby in person? Hopefully soon! It looks like you had a fun holiday!
Post a Comment