Sunday, December 7, 2008

Its a Christmas miracle!!!

Saturday we went to a kids Christmas party on base.  It was pretty fun!  Santa flew in on a helicopter (how cool is that?!).  All the kids went crazy when he flew by.  The helicopter flew by 3 times then....

Santa slid out of the helicopter on a rope.  Once again, very cool.  I've got to say though, that this was a Santa stunt double.  How do i know this?  Well, it so happens that I know who the REAL santa was talking to all the kids, promising gifts and asking if they had been good this year.  
It was Brooke!  The best lookin' Santa i've ever seen!  And this is where the miracle comes in.  Jake hasn't ever wanted anything to do with Santa.  At the Mall he keeps a safe distance and the most interaction we can get Jake to do is wave to the big guy.  Brooke and I were both shocked that he agreed to sit on Santa's lap.  I think he wanted to make sure Santa knew what to bring him.  We weren't sure if he would recognize his dad, but he didn't seem to and didn't say anything.

Then we added Gracie to the mix and she had no problem with Santa.  We think she may have recognized her Dad.
While we were waiting for Brooke to finish up his Santa duties,  Jake had a blast in the bouncy castle and walking around to all the different booths that were set up. 
Today I was taking a few pictures of Gracie by the tree and Jake decided he wanted to jump in.  This is his Blue Steel.







4 comments:

Leslie said...

That is AWESOME!! I love those pictures!!

David and Amanda said...

Ha. Ha. Ha. I am still laughing at the Blue Steel comment, that's awesome!

Marcelina Moreno said...

okay I love this post! I love that mr b dressed up as santa. but mostly I love that your children are adorable! yah for you!

Alice said...

How fun and exciting for the kids! I remember one year when I was little, we were at a ward christmas party. Santa came in and looked straight at me and yelled my name. I was totally amazed...years later my parents told me that it was my dad dressed up. :) Fun times.