Wednesday, December 3, 2008

jake/spidey/horse

This morning I was finishing up my candy lights project...i guess i should explain that first.  So, When I was getting out all the Christmas stuff, Jake spotted a string of lights with one light wrapped to look like a piece of candy.  He thought it looked pretty cool and wanted me to finish the string of lights.  I got the supplies I needed and started working on it yesterday and finished up today.  It was supposed to be a project for US, which turned into a project for mom.  Jake would help every now and then, but i guess his toys looked more appealing.  Anyway, they are done...here is a picture.

So back to this morning.  Jake was being spiderman when he decided he wanted to be a horse.  He put shoes on and then another pair on his hands and galloped around the house.  Here he is "horsin" around.


Brooke is getting over a cold.  Gracie has had a very runny nose all day, so either she is teething or she is getting a bit of what he had.  Hopefully, whatever it is, it doesn't last long.

4 comments:

Meg said...

Those lights are cool. How did you do them? Grace looks so cute. I love her sweater. Are you going home to WA for Christmas? We will be there from Dec. 20th to Jan. 5th - with a brief get away for Greg and I to CA. We would love to see you if you have a chance.

Alice said...

Jake, you are very handsome spiderman horse! I love the candy lights. I might have to borrow that idea some year when I have more energy! :)

Mindi said...

Such cute kids... so the pics are awesome, but I want to see what they look like on the tree! Did you just wrap colored celophane on each light? I bet they are really neat looking... not the usual Christmas tree bulbs either, right?

Danelle said...

J, those lights would be absolutely fabulous on my retro tree. Please, please, please tell how you do them. I can't imagine that the celophane doesn't melt from the heat of the light. HELP! Nice photos, by the way. Way to go.