Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Field Trip!

Today we had Jake's first field trip with his pre-school class, a visit to a corn maze and pumpkin patch.  He asked me if I wanted to come and I said of course i did!  I was a little worried how Grace would do, i wasn't sure if it was stroller friendly or if I would have to carry her around.  It turned out to be a nice little trip with the weather in the upper 60's, perfect!

When we first arrived, all the kids waited to get their wrist strap before we went into the maze.
After we made it thru the maze (luckily we had a map...i would not want to be stuck in there with 10 pre-schoolers!) there was a little petting zoo.  They only had a few animals, but the kids had fun looking at them.
Then the kids got their snack...an apple.  They were pretty good and it kept them occupied while we were waiting for the hay ride.
Since I had Gracie in the stroller, there wasn't room for us on the tracker ride, so we walked to the pumpkin patch and met them there.  The pumpkin patch was just across the road and I think the kids were in the tractor for all of 5 minutes....including loading and unloading.
Once the ride was over, they were let loose to go pick out a pumpkin.  Jake went right to work and picked out ours right away.
And here it is!
Grace was a trooper the whole time.  
When we got home, Jake ate his lunch and Grace got some wiggles out on the floor.  It was a fun morning!


 

2 comments:

Marcelina Moreno said...

Jake is too cool for school with his sunglasses. I love that kiddo!

Alice said...

Hey, I didn't know you guys had a blog! :) I will have to add it to my list. :) We went to the pumpkin patch last year with Carter's Kindergarten class, it was really fun!