Last night, our Ward had a Halloween Trunk-or-Treat party. I signed up to take dessert, but I had a little drama. I messed up the pumpkin angel food cake that I was going to take, so I hurried and made a batch of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies to take instead. Well, I think i undercooked the first cookie sheet and then I overcooked the second cookie sheet. OOps. I decided to take it all...a flat cake, overcooked, and undercooked cookies. On top of the dessert fiasco, I procrastinated getting Graces costume put together. (Thanks mom for finding the red top and bottom for it) But, I got it all done and we were on our way to the party. It was fun and Jake loved getting lots of candy.

Jake wanted to be Dash from Incredibles and he wanted Grace to be Jack Jack. I told him she could be Violet. He LOVES his costume. I had him wear black socks with it last night and we spiked up his hair, so today when he wanted to put on Dash, he had to have his black socks on and his hair spiked up. Such a funny guy. Brooke and I also planned to join the kids with the Incredibles theme. I asked my sister-in-law Becky if we could borrow their costumes and she kindly mailed them to us to use. Unfortunately, the Post Office isn't as reliable as my sister-in-law. She sent them weeks ago and they still haven't arrived. So, Brooke decided to go as Joe the plumber. I was a party pooper and didn't dress up.

A special shout out to Amanda for taking these pictures....we forgot our camera.
3 comments:
I just made a pumpkin cake for dinner at friends and burned the top...I just cut it off and am going to cover it with frosting!! Cute Incredible costumes :)
Such cute pictures! I love the Incredibles theme. The great thing about ward activities is that no matter what shape it might be in, somehow everything always gets eaten! I remember at a Break the Fast in the singles ward when someone brought jello with raw bacon pieces inside and even that got eaten.
Well, despite the dessert mishaps - I firmly believe that your ARE Mrs. Incredible! Those cookies are a staple in our home, now, thanks to you! Glad you still ended up having a fun time. :)
Post a Comment