Wednesday, October 15, 2008

flyin high

Brooke has been working on getting his instrument rating.  He is doing a great job and getting thru all the lessons quickly.  Monday he had a flight scheduled and his instructor said it would be ok if he brought Jake along.  When we told Jake about it, he was VERY excited to be able to go flying with his Dad.  Brooke and I weren't sure if he would truly like it because he has an aversion to loud noises.   When I met up with them after they were done flying I asked Jake if he had fun, he had a huge grin on his face and said that he did.  I looked at Brooke to see what he had to say and he told me that Jake slept thru the whole flight.  He lasted thru takeoff, then is head started to bobble and he was out.  Even though he snoozed thru it all, I'm glad he had fun.




Last week, I pulled out Jakes halloween costume from last year.  He wanted nothing to do with it last year, but it has been quite a hit since I got it out.  He does a little spiderman stance and shoots webs out of his hands.



Today while on the computer, he found an envelope nearby and the next thing i know, he is sporting it as his hat.  Such a goofball!

And here is Grace having a grand old time in her exersaucer

2 comments:

David and Amanda said...

I just found out you had a Blog like last week. Hope it wasn't a secret...because I'm enjoying it! The kids are adorable and I have been looking for spiders everywhere since that post about them!

Danelle said...

Jake looks pretty good in that envelope hat. It reminds me of the old-fashioned hamburger joint hats. Maybe he'll take after Auntie Nel and work at Wendy's to pay his way through college...then never graduate. Don't take after me, Jake.